Friday, June 20, 2008

Georgia Street Update!
























Cub posted a few more photos of his Georgia Street Garden today on DYes.   Once this garden is in full-bloom, it's going to be gorgeous.  I can't believe he's actually growing tomatillos and potatoes.  Mine always looked kind of wonky.  Lots of cabbages and kale and a ton of tomatoes growing.  I haven't been able to get to the garden lately.  The gas prices and driving around Detroit are taking its tole on my budget lately and with kids finally home from school (and their boredom), entertaining myself, let alone kids, is getting expensive.  Still, I plan to make a few trips to Georgia Street just to check out how beautiful everything is doing and hang out with Cub for a bit.  The garden makes that whole corner gorgeous!  I hope each year it becomes more bountiful for the neighborhood.  It's a close neighborhood.  They all watch out for the garden.

By the way, I wanted to mention that if this blog looks odd on your computer, I'm working with a Mac and to me, it looks perfectly fine.  Therefore, get a Mac.  I'm not switching back to a PC. 

Also, I had mentioned to Cub about the Detroit Ancestor Search I'd been doing in a few cemeteries and found a young boy who was born in 1915 and died in 1933.  When I started searching for him on the census, it stated that in 1930 he lived on....Georgia Street!  How coincidental to choose this one boy and find he's on Cub's street?  If anyone lived in the area, the boy's name was Vincenzo Cambino.  He drowned in a brick yard in Detroit.  Poor boy.  

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

teddymac said...

This site looks great on my Mac too, lol.