Monday, July 7, 2008

New Flower Beds

Cub's latest update is his flower beds.  This side of the garden was pretty overgrown for a bit.  I had to pull in at this area to drop off some concrete borders and knew Cub hadn't moved to this area (four vacant home lots is a big area!).  

 The garage that you see in the background is actually in pretty good shape and well taken care of so I know this photo is off the alley.  Cub's slowly cleaning and clearing out.  I'm sure The Greening of Detroit sees his hard work and hopefully rewards him with all the necessary compost and supplies to make this garden a success this year and next year.

With the price of gas, I haven't had a chance to stop by.  I actually haven't been anywhere because of it!  I've sat around and watched my tomatoes growing (they're a bit leggy because of all the rain) but I've lost 10 pounds sitting around reading about St. Albertus Church.  I have no clue how that happened.  Here's hoping reading a dictionary removes another 10.

No comments: