Saturday, May 31, 2008

Georgia Street Update!















I had stopped by last Wednesday to drop off some old scalloped concrete borders that used to surround my house. I had my husband digging them up and somewhere around the yard are still a few more. I thought Cub could use them in the future for raised beds. Wednesday was hot and dry and I thought, "It better rain in torrents soon. Cub can't continue to lug water."

I stopped by today to see how he was doing and Mama Cub was doing some weeding and the evening's rain had made the vegetables perk up. Also, from Wednesday until today (Saturday) Cub has been working his keester off! It looks completely different in a matter of a few days. I can't wait to see it all in full bloom! Cub also built a small wooden raised bed that he's planted his strawberries, rhubarb and other assorted berries in. It looks great!

If anyone has extra compost....

No comments: